Wednesday, June 22, 2011

... and the fish was good!

V and I cooked dinner the way we always used to on our dates - except fewer carbs.   But a lot of our dates have been cooking dinner and talking and tonight was the first time since the surgery that we got to do that.  We cooked Mahi Mahi, poached in some wine, flavored with soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic.  Oh and lemon wedges.  We cooked green beans too but I only had about 3 bites of them.  (Tiny bandita bites).  We also cooked mushrooms with the fish and those were soft enough that I could have a few bites before I got full.  I am stuffed.

It was great to have a date night though.  And tomorrow, I go to work.  I have my food in small containers ready to go.  Also I am cooking pork in the slow cooker to have tomorrow night for dinner. 

Life is good...

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Sounds like a great dinner, hon. I might have to start trying some fish, I keep hearing great things about it.

    Glad you had a nice dinner with your man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm fish is one of my favs! I eat lots of chicken and fish. I haven't had steak in 14 weeks. : ) Great job trying new things and enjoying date night!

    ReplyDelete