Sunday, June 19, 2011

Belated BYOC

It’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy! We answer some questions in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blog brains a break. Copy and paste to your own blog and ENJOY!

1. Do you make your bed every day? Tell us about or show us a picture of your bed comforter?

I hardly ever make my bed, despite the fact that my sleeping is rather like a hedgehog. Covers get all mangled, almost like a little nest. The boyfriend is the one who makes the bed. Sometimes, it's the first thing he does when he comes over.
I have several bedspreads. I rotate them, unless it's cold enough to use all of them. I will take some pictures for you.  One of them was part of my birthday present from Vince.

This is the birthday bedspread and pillows...


2 Johnny Cash or Elvis? Thin crust pizza or deep dish? Coke or Pepsi? Beer or wine or neither?

Johnny Cash, I guess. not a huge fan of either one.
Pizza...well, pizza has been one of my favorite foods. With my new band, I don't know if I'll be able to eat pizza. Pizza toppings, surely. But as for the crust, I don't know. We'll have to see.
I'm not current a drinker at all. However, I would say I can't stand beer. I've always wanted to know about wine. I have a few kinds I like but unfortunately, I can't drink much ever ever. A total lightweight, and much worse since I began to live at a higher altitude. So I guess neither would be about right. I cook with wine, or sometimes Jack Daniels or gin.

3. I recently went through my list of blogs I follow and was at my limit so I unfollowed bloggers who haven’t blogged in at least 6 months. I want to start following some more new blogs. Who’s your fave lately? Funniest? Most inspiring? Can you link them for me??

I'm new to reading blogs, so you would know more than I.

4. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.

The last few weeks have been really wild. I thought that the biggest problem that I would have the week before my surgery was whether or not I was going to catch a cold.

That was before my apartment building caught on fire.

Happily, not my actual apartment. However, the cold symptoms that I had seemed to disappear while we were waiting for the fire department to tell us about the building. I stayed with Vince for a few days. It would have been fun, if it weren't for the reason. I got back to my place about two days before the surgery. I had just enough time to lay in supplies and then it was time to go the hospital. Of course, one of the problems I have now is that my bedroom is half organized. The days that I spent at Vince's house were the days I was going to finish the job. I have boxes in my way, but I'm not allowed to lift them. I have made a path through them instead.

I'm pretty happy with the last two weeks. I know that they have been dramatic. But I've been looking forward to getting a lap band for six months now. I'm still in the scared phase. But I am a scaredy-cat. I'm certainly enjoying the weight loss. I'm enjoying learning how to eat differently The relief from hunger after eating something is an amazing feeling.

This week has been all about starting to feel better. My doctor was out of town at a bariatric convention so I couldn't get a note from him, so HR wouldn't let me come back to work yet. And you know what? I think that has worked out to my advantage. I didn't spring back quite as quickly as I might have hoped. I should be seeing him Wednesday, after taking my mandatory nutrition class, so I hope to be back to work on Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing BYOC! I'm happy to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like a traumatic pre-and-post-op.

    You'll be getting organized in no time! Oh, and your boyfriend sounds like a good guy. :)

    ReplyDelete