Sunday, July 3, 2011

BYOC

It's time for BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy!  A few questions we answer in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break.

My blogging brain must have needed a break because between blogger being mean earlier in the week and my life being busy/crazy, I haven't blogged since about Thursday... anyway I'm on day 4 of having the fitbit and we are proving just how sedentary my Sundays are. The other 3 days I racked up awesome numbers in the thousands of steps and today, its almost 3 PM and I have not yet hit 1000. Sigh. And I don't feel so great. My water intake isn't good either. I can tell that I will have to get up and go to the rec center soon, and get my butt in gear!

Anyway … on to BYOC.

1. Let's stick with the pictures/exercise and shoe topic and post a picture of (or describe) your work out shoes.

Ok... well for some reason I immediately wanted to post a picture of a pair of high heels I bought but can't even walk in yet.... 



I work out in a pair of New Balance sneakers that my doctor made me get after my horrifying foot injury and ankle surgery last year. They are great sneakers and I love them!




2. Again with the summer/hot theme of the week....what does your current swimsuit look like?
Bearing in mind that I am in my first month post surgery, I have a size 24 black one piece from Wal-mart that I should be able to fit into again now that I have lost 20 pounds...


3. Do you lay out, fake bake, sunless spray tan or use tanning lotion?
Nope. Haven't done any fake stuff since high school (and today we won't actually say how many dinosaurs were still alive when that happened). I tend to stay out of the sun these days – because I live at a much higher altitude than I was raised, and so I seem to burn much, much easier.


4. Describe your week in blogland and in real life.

In blogland, my blog posts would erase themselves or not post. Except after I posted Thursdays, then Tuesdays magically reappeared after Thursday. So I am actually writing this post offline and then I plan to cut and past it into blogger just in case.

In my life, things got easier. I worked a whole week of work, went to a lapband support group, and stopped needing to take Tylenol all the time. I transitioned to solid food and starting timing when to have my water. I changed food logging websites (again!) in preparation for getting a fitbit, researched madly to make sure I wanted one, and went out and got one for myself.

And I actually WENT to the rec center instead of talking about it, which was amazing, and because I did so, the universe gave me a gift. The first day I wore my fitbit, when I got to the end of the work day I was about 7000 steps (and of course they want you to try for 10000). So honestly, if you can believe this (because I don't usually exercise in the evening), I got in my car, and went to the rec center, paid for my resident ID ($5) , and walked the track. So then I went back to the desk to check out, and was going to buy a 20 visit pass ($64) . I figured at the end of 20 visits I would know if I should buy a 6 month pass ($175). So the woman at the front desk tells me that today (it was July 1st) they are offered pro-rated summer memberships and that as an adult resident I could have July and August for $54, which was $10 less than I was going to pay for the 20 visit pass (and if I go every day, that's 60 visits... ) So I have a summer membership!

It was pretty exciting. I have to go again today. And they are even open for a little while on the 4th.

So that was cool. Oh and I have lost 20 pounds now, which is rockin awesome. In just about a month since my weigh in at the doc was about a week before my surgery.

It's been a pretty amazing week, actually. 

ok, off to get ready for the rec center !  (And now no one who knows me will believe its me in here... )






3 comments:

  1. Those shoes are gorgeous. You would get some great leg work if you tried to exercise in them. But you might break your neck. I know a stripper and she gets a great work out in heels and has great legs. Might be a thought :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Glad the fitbit is helping you be aware of your exercise and want to do more! That will be fun to have a summer membership to the rec center.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you get a ton of walking done in a day. Super jealous. The highest I've gotten is about 3200, but my house is super small and I don't do structured exercise regularly (bad me)... so I'm accounting it to that. LOL

    Glad you got a great rate for your rec center. :)

    ReplyDelete