Saturday, July 23, 2011

BYOC

It's Saturday so that means I'm catching up with everyone else who participates in BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy! Brought to you by the one and only Drazil ! We answer a couple of questions in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break! Copy and paste and answer in your own blogs if you'd like!! ENJOY!!

1. Alright – forgive me – we’re gonna get a little personal here. I was flipping through my organizer and saw in big bright letters “ANNUAL PHYSICAL DUE” coming up soon. Then I remembered that last year my lady bits doc said that since I haven’t had a bad pap in so many years – that I don’t have to come back for another 3 years if I don’t want to.What the what? Did you guys know that?   No speculum in the vaginulum? Anywhoozle – it sounds all good but really – do any of you follow this medical rule? Do you go every three years if you’ve never had a bad pap?


I think I have been getting them every year still, I don't remember.  I go to my doc for a checkup every year around my birthday and she usually tells me what we're gonna do.  But then again, I had an abnormal after daughter #1 was born – so a little more than 20 years ago.  Also I could swear she told me after I passed my most recent age milestone that it was every 2 years now.   With all the recent medical tests I've had lately I don't remember....

2. If you read, what are you reading right now? Or how about what is your fave music right now?


I read all the time.  Srsly.  I just finished re-reading the Sharon Shinn “Mystic and Rider” books because she came out with book #5.  I am re-reading all the Kerry Greenwood “Phryne Fisher” books because I've read them all and she hasn't come out with another one yet.  And recently I decided that I need to re-read the Amelia Peabody books (Elizabeth Peters) in order because the first one came out over 30 years ago and I've been reading them as they were published.  For inspiration, I've just started reading “Quantum Success” by Sandra Ann Taylor and “The Beck Diet Solution” by Judith Beck, but since they are non-fiction I read a few pages and then put it away to think about what it said.   Oh yes, and if you don't read the “Dies the Fire” series by S.M. Stirling you may not be as excited as I am that a new one is coming out this fall.  Now you are wondering - do I commute by bus, and yes I do.  LOL.

I don't listen to a ton a music these days.  I have a bunch of oldies on my iPod in case of noisy bus people.  And I have some exercise audio tapes I've been walking to but they are instrumental.  I should probably put on Pandora when I'm cleaning this weekend and see what pops up.


3. Name some of your favorite smells.


Valor Essential Oil by Young Living; Grapefruit; Cucumber Mint; Vanilla.  Oh and when cooking, the smell of the garlic and onions in the olive oil, maybe with a little fennel and some fresh basil....

4. Showers or baths? Shampoo only or shampoo & conditioner? Shave daily or just when you start feeling and looking like an ape?

Let's see – I love baths but don't particularly like the bathtub in my apartment.  And until my weight loss surgery I was having trouble scrubbing it enough to want to sit down.  I'm getting a bit more limber now so maybe I'll have a few more baths.  I have a lovely hand shower attachment with different water pressures to keep all the parts of me clean when I shower though.  I shampoo and use conditioner every day, although my hair is getting longer.... but I have been cleaning it every day for a long time, it would be weird to have it long enough that it would look good without that.   I usually shave my legs once or twice a week, usually the 2 days a week I get to see V.  He's so appreciative of such things, it makes it a pleasure...

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blogland.


Work was very hectic – again.  New people started and some other people left to go back to school.  Also, one of the secretaries gave her notice and everyone is all crazed about it.  It's funny to watch them, torn between wanting to snub her, and ask if they have any other openings where she's going.  I'm going to miss her, I liked working with her, so I'm just a bit sad.

I got my first band fill on Wednesday – she put 6 cc in my previously empty band.  Apparently my band holds 14 cc but darn that was a strange feeling!  That was Wednesday morning.  We had a 7 AM nutrition class (mandatory before the first fill) and then the fill.  And then on to the office, oh joy, since my band doesn't like to ride in the car after a procedure.  I wasn't actually car sick but I felt pretty odd.  Most of Wednesday I didn't feel so good but by the next day I was fine.  Although it has affected my digestion and I'm waiting for that effect to... pass... LOL.  I've released more weight and I feel good about that.  More clothes are fitting now, in fact I'm hoping to get over to storage and snag some clothes boxes this weekend.

My A/C got fixed on Tuesday also so I'm starting to feel human again.  Also Thursday was 6 weeks since my surgery so I am released from all lifting pushing and pulling restrictions.  I have to go to the rec center and sign up to learn how to use those machines now.  LOL.  I'm excited about it.  I have located some of my old exercise clothes and they fit, so this is a good thing.  I'm supposed to exercise 30 minutes 5 days a week (getting the heart rate up) so we'll see what I can do.  Using the pedometer has helped me to understand that I'm more active than I thought, but I don't walk fast.  And she wants fast walking.  So we'll see.  I'm certainly excited to work on this.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with working out! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was excited to read through your reading list! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete