Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I confess...

I am having a less than stellar week.  There has been a lot of stress.  And I haven't been to the gym since Sunday.  I know I have been logging a lot of steps on my fitbit, but that doesn't make up for a really good half hour of exercise.  And of course I haven't done the machines.  Sigh.

If I keep being unable to leave the house at oh dark thirty, then... I will have to work out after work.

Of course, I had the day from heck on Monday.  So yesterday my stomach was so bad I thought I needed an unfill.  I called and talked to my totally awesome fill nurse who suggested I have a soft foods day considering the stress on Monday and the fact that I could, in fact, be having PMS.  (I'm perimenopausal, so its hard to tell, but I had my last period 38 days ago so... )  I think my tummy is doing better this morning - no nausea, just that tight morning feeling... I have a softish lunch and some snacks, and then by dinner I should be ready for some other foods.

I confess that I don't know, really, how to have an exercise program that works for me.  I've never done it (and no, I don't want a personal trainer.  signing up to get one is usually what makes me resign from whatever gym I belong to).   But I will figure this out.  I'm going to make appointments for myself on my calendar.  Maybe early morning just isn't reasonable right now.  I'm having so much trouble sleeping.  I don't need to be perfectionistic either.  No one said I have to do it every day.  5 days a week of a half an hour of sweating, that's all.  I can do this!

I confess that I keep running across blogs and threads where people denigrate WLS and its pissing me off, and today I wrote polite factual comments to several people who probably don't give a cr*p about reality.  But I'm tired of hearing that with a lapband you don't have to work at it.   This is work!

I confess that I am having a week where I wish no one knew about the surgery.  Even the supportive people. Maybe I am having PMS.  I'm grouchy!

I confess that certain people at my office are annoying me, and I'm dragging my feet about going to work because of it.  I was late yesterday.

I confess that now, since its time to shower, dress, and go to work, I suddenly want to go to the gym.

ok I'm done now.  Time for a shower.

3 comments:

  1. *hugs* to you for your stress. and Boo on those that say the lap band isn't work. Guess again. and more hugs just cause I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those moments where I wish no one knew about the surgery because sometimes you feel like you are not living up to their expecations. It's really hard. Just know that we are here for you and that we "get" it. We know what you are going through and know how hard it is to stay motivated, especially for me and the exercise. Things will get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am concerned about work stress too. Right now , recovering at home is no stress - no desire to stuff my face. But I'm not foolish enough to believe that I won't need another outlet for work stress when that day comes ... you're doing great so far - keep it up !

    ReplyDelete