Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I've Been Filled....

So today at 7 AM was the first fill nutrition class and then around 8:30 AM I had my first fill.  I'm a bit achey still and have been on fluids only since the fill.   Supposedly I could have softs tonight and solids tomorrow but I think its going to be like the surgery, where I take just a little more time than other folks.  I plan to have softs tomorrow during the day and then tomorrow dinner I will try some solid food.  Unless I magically feel better tomorrow afternoon.

She gave me 6 cc's into my previously empty 14 cc band.   It's no wonder I feel a bit... wonky.  It was an odd experience.  Really a lot like having blood taken.  No where as nasty as either of my IV's.  So I'm happy with that.  I have appointments every 2 weeks for about 6 weeks for smaller fills as we adjust the band, and that will take me to my 3 month bandiversary.  Wildness.

So... as of tomorrow I am cleared for lifting.  I am cleared for massages.  I am cleared for doing the machines at the rec center.  So I have to call and make appointments!  I have a class to take on the machines, and a massage to schedule!  <evil laugh>

Meantime, I had a little less than 1/2 cup of tomato soup tonight and I'm about to sit with a heating pad on my band, which doesn't like the jostling of the car when newly filled, apparently.  I'm excited though - the "real" bandster life lies ahead.

I was explaining to a friend of mine that what the first 6 weeks did for me, weigh-wise, was just put me back to the weight that has been my weight the most often in the last 20 years.  Size 24 and about 240 pounds.   So now that the 22s are starting to fit, I'm starting to feel a little excited about that.  Before that, it was just a restoration to me-that-was...

Let the good times begin.  I shall become someone who actually GOES to the gym, not just pays for it.  LOL.

5 comments:

  1. You will really see a difference with this fill and exercise!!! Congrats...you survived bandster hell!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats on your fill! I didn't feel that much with my first fill but I just got my 2nd one this week and I'm definitely feeling it! Glad you're cleared to start lifting and especially getting massages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your fill! Good stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy about the size change for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. still amazed at how different doctors are. If I had listened to my surgeons schedule for scheduling, I'd be just now calling to schedule my 2nd fill for a month from now (3+ months after surgery). Congrats on your fill and you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete