Saturday, August 13, 2011

BYOC


BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy – 5 questions you can copy and paste to your own blog if you so desire – in an effort to get to know your fellow bloggers better and to give your blog brain a break! Brought to us by Draz

Enjoy!

1. I have to do some MAJOR cleaning tonight…which is prompting me to ask…what is the absolute worst thing you hate to clean or cleaning chore you hate the most? (vacuuming, dusting, laundry, toilets, floors, etc.)

I would have to say my least favorite thing is the oven. In fact, my daughter does it, and waits till I'm out of the house to do it. I don't know what I'm going to do when we get a duplex building and I have my own kitchen, I may have to pay someone....

2. Brown or Black? Fly or Drive? Hot dog or Burger? Gold or Silver?

I love black and brown both, but I'm hoping to love some other colors now that I'm going to be a size where they won't make me look like a large wad of chewing gum...

Hmmm.... do I have to be the one driving? If I get to go with V and he drives, road trips are fun. If we're talking me going somewhere, I think I'd rather fly. V and I have discussed getting an RV when we are old and grey and driving all over the South West. Perhaps I'm just indecisive.

Burger, especially bison burger.

Gold mostly, although I've been branching out into silver. This band journey thing is making me change. Sometimes I don't even know MY answers to Draz's questions.  Sometimes I totally freeze and by the time I can think about it again, its days too late for even me to post a BYOC. 

3. Repeat question: I'm going to pick a person not knowing your relationship with them or even if a relationships exists – and you then try to describe that person in 5 short sentences/words.

Maternal Grandmother
Divorced back in the 30s so had to live with her mother
only adult in my life who loved me unconditionally when I was young
Used to get her picture taken in a camera store and then send them to me as post cards
Used to call me monkey face.
Died suddenly in 1984 and I'm still not over it.


4. Even if you don't have kids, how do you feel about kids in multiple sports during their school years? Were you in MULTIPLE sports all during school? Forced or by choice?

I never actually got to play on sports teams. Not that I wanted to. But my parents wouldn't have wanted me to do something that let me get out of the house, cost money, and meant they had to drive somewhere. I'm not being a drama queen, I had seriously stinky parents, especially my mother, and I no longer care who knows it.

My girls both did dance for a while, and when E was in high school she did capoeta, which is a martial art. J was all theatre all the time, which is not a sport, but I drove her all over the place for it until she got her license, and then I loaned her my car. Oh, except when J was in about 3rd grade she did Poms, which is like Cheerleading, and I took her to practices and went to all the games.  I've always hated sports or anything done in a team, except theatre,  so I'm afraid I didn't really encourage it when the kids were younger.  But if they had wanted it I would have worked to make it happen. 

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.

I think I only blogged once this week. Life got away from me.

Life has been expanding this week. My boss was on vacation, which often guarantees a crazy, crazy week. Also, I saw my PCP for the first time since April or May and so she got to see all of my weight loss at once, so that was fun (I have blogged about my doc visit in an earlier post so I will refrain here).

I went out and was social with people, as well as going to the gym a lot, so I am tired, sore, and short on sleep. But happy. LOL. I was actually awake till midnight on Wednesday, which never happens to me. (First V and I went out with this huge group of people till almost 10, then we drove home and couldn't stop talking to each other. Him too, not just me. For realz.)  And I was funny and silly and people hugged me at this group we were at, and it was all good. It was not a group that knows me well, but the last time I saw most of them was also April, so many people noticed I seemed healthier. I'm still at a weight that I have been at several times this decade, so no one will think anything of it for another 10 or 20 pounds, I'm afraid... 

And I got an iPhone Friday afternoon, and I'm still learning how to use it.

In health, my weight stayed the same and I'm at times fearful that my band is too tight. I just got a scrip for a new tummy med from my doc because I'm experiencing some reflux. I've been coughing for about a week or so. I have a doc appt next week, supposed to be for a fill, but perhaps will be an unfill? I don't know. Haven't wanted to think too much about it. Been afraid I was imagining it.  I don't know if reflux means my band is too tight, or if its just that reflux runs in my family, and maybe the band didn't fix it like I thought it did.  Hmmm.  Questions for the nurse when I see her on Wednesday.  

Thanks for reading my crazy, of which I haz plenty. 




3 comments:

  1. I've heard coughing and reflux are the two biggest signs of a too tight band. Hope an unfill helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice BYOC...ugh - I hate ovens too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and wanted to say hi! I was banded in February 2010 and have lost 115 lbs. I'm now at goal. Come visit me at http://amandakiska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete