Friday, August 12, 2011

Too busy to blog?

Sorry I have been AWOL guys, my life has been crazy.   Today I am skipping morning gym since I am fighting off a cold.  I'm drinking EmergenC Immune stuff and hoping its all my imagination.

Anyway - I don't know who this woman is who gets up and goes to the gym at 6 AM to do the treadmill for half an hour... LOL.  Maybe I was replaced by an alien.   I'm actually exercising so much that my weight hasn't changed in over a week but I can fit into some smaller pants, a phenomenon I'd only ever read about.   I actually have a workout wardrobe. Did I mention that I am learning Zumba?  Who IS this woman?  Seriously, this has never been me before.

Never mind that, I've been having a social life too.  Even though work is so crazy and mind numbing that I don't wanna discuss it.  I've been going out after work and occasionally meeting friends for coffee before work.  And contacting more friends I haven't seen to schedule a get-together.  Hard to picture for this anti-social person.

Today is a big day for me, I may be getting my first iPhone.  I've been waiting for my corporate Blackberry so that I don't have to worry about learning to use the interface of the iPhone while I'm on call.  Plus I think a division of work and home sounds like a better plan, after a few years of trying it combined.  And I love the thought that the iPhone should backup using iTunes if I'm understanding this all correctly.  

So of course last night I had to get on iTunes and check out free apps.  I downloaded about 20 that I desperately need.  LOL.  Really, this thing is not a phone, its a small easily carried laptop.  If anyone is using a blog app please let me know, that might be fun.  But I am going to be testing diet tracker apps and all that.  So very exciting!  I have been a Blackberry gal for over a decade.

And BTW I am proud of myself - I have lasted through almost the whole week without whining about my bestie being on vacation and I've managed not to text her.  It's new for me to have a work bestie because I've been such a loner.  My boss has been on vacay this week too so I've been SO busy I can barely find time to pee, never mind take a break with anyone so I suppose its all for the best.  Sigh.

A couple of times this week I have hit over 12,000 steps on my fitbit.  The addition of the gym to my crazy days at work have given me new high numbers.  I am an exercise person.   I'm so totally amazed by the whole thing.  I actually miss my gym when its closed on Sundays.

I saw my doctor on Monday, my PCP, for the first time since before my surgery.  She was very pleased with everything.  And we talked about my liver stuff too and she was very comforting to me about it.  She said that sometimes morbidly obese people develop a non alcoholic, non contagious fatty liver.  If my cholesterol was high, my doc would have recommended I take a statin to improve things (so I'm glad its low because I am totally again statins, I think they are dangerous... ) But my cholesterol was 107!!!  My bad to good cholesterol ratio isn't as good as it could be, but since I've morphed into ExerciseGal she isn't worried about that.  So the best news was that my doc thinks that just by living this new healthier life I am living, my liver will get healthy as a side effect, no meds needed.  Wow.  

The contrast was painful and yet funny.  When I last saw my doc, it was in April or maybe May, and I couldn't catch my breath.  That was the visit when she proscribed my portable nebulizer so I could carry it with me.  I was wearing a pad because I was coughing so much I needed backup.  I had reflux so bad I couldn't eat anything with any spice at all.  I was miserable, actually, and at one point in our visit I think I was crying because I really felt like I was dying.  So this time, I'm talking away to her, and she asks about exercise, and I tell her about how I've already been to the gym in the morning and done half an hour treadmill and weight machines for my legs (I vary by day, legs and arms).  She looked at me funny, almost to see if I was serious.  Then I showed her my fitbit and explained how it works.  LOL.  This woman has been my doctor for over 10 years and I've never been this young and strong. My blood sugar was perfect, my blood pressure was normal, even though I drove in traffic to get to my appointment.  My vitamin levels on my blood tests were good.  I had healthy blood tests.  !!! :)

This week was my 2 month bandiversary on the 9th also, by the way.  And I have to say, the band has already done so much for me that its amazing.  Can't believe its only been 2 months. I am a whole new me, and I'm so grateful to be here.  My life is amazing.  A miracle. A blessing.   I'm so glad I got a band.  When I think of how I might have made a different choice, ah well don't even think about it!!!!






3 comments:

  1. Wow newsie and informative update! Love it.
    Yay on the iPhone and getting over 12k steps on your fitbit. So very glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, excellent post !! So inspirational !! The 6am gym, Zumba, social life ... aweswome ! I have a Bodymedia FIT and I like it but am hearing better things about the FITBIT ... please keep posting about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I need to get my butt into the gym. I have been distracted. Distracted by friends, by boys, by responsibilities that I just couldn't possibly put off for an hour... All sorts of dumb stuff. You have me a bit inspired today. We were banded 5 days apart. I've been a little bit of a slacker the past week or two. Eating junk (not much, but junky) and having too much booze. I didn't get banded to be this bum, so thank you. You inadvertently kicked me in the butt with your post. :)

    ReplyDelete